G&B Manchester Apartments – Northern Quarter
Type of Work: Design & Site Preparation
Project Year: 2019
Project Type: Residential Serviced Apartments
Our Client approached us to complete their Design and execution for their Northern Quarters. This was a project that included many elements that had to be carefully executed with full understanding of health and safety legislations and contractual legal requirements. Onsite parking, a gym needed to be fitted with a swimming pool, each apartment had a walk on Terrace area not to mention Roof top garden. Exit points and fire safety had to be top priority!
Each Apartment needed to be of a high spec and fully equipped with a high standard of technology.
We sat down with our client and went through their A- Z. taking on board their suggestions but also giving our Input where needed to save our Client unnecessary spends.
Design Process Summary
- Generating a concept Brainstorm
- Preliminary research
- Site analysis, site visit with our designer to do a ‘SWOT’ analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
- Refining ideas through visual exploration
- Preparing concept designs and layouts detailing design direction(s)
- Setting preliminary specifications for typography and graphic elements such as photography, illustration, charts or graphs, icons, or symbols
- Presenting design brief and layouts for client consideration
- Refining design and comprehensive layouts
- Getting client approval of layouts and text
- 3D Modelling
Site Preparation Summary
- Site clearance/demolition and Graded ground works
- Soil Testing and Site Survey/Investigation
- Site Build Preparation